Hi there, Linda - did you unsuppress them as well? Once they are on the suppression list, they will remain there - even if you remove them and add them again.
The first step with any address that needs to be re-validated is to make sure it's unsuppressed (if you haven't already). To do this:
1. Click on the "Lists" tab.
2. Click on the "Suppression List"
3. Search for the contact in the list, mouse over their name, and select "unsuppress" to the right of the contact info
Once you've done this, you can re-validate the address. The BombBomb software knows that if there's a change to the email address field of a contact, it should set the address as ready. When you need to change or correct and email address, making the change and clicking on "save" will accomplish this. When you know the address is correct and need to reset it, you can "trick" the system by changing the email address to a "dummy" address and then changing back to the correct address so that it will try to email again. Here's how to do it:
- Assuming the contact is unsuppressed, click on "Lists."
- Click on "All Contacts."
- Search for the contact in question, and click on their email address to open up the contact details screen.
- Correct the email address (or copy the email address and insert a "dummy" address if you're trying to re-validate)
- Click "save."
If you just needed to make a correction or change the address, you're all set. If you need to re-validate an old email address that you know to be correct, you need to take one more step:
- Now, paste the correct email address back in and click "save" again.
Click on "All Contacts" again and search for the contact again. If you see "ready" next to their email address, you're all set!
Hope this helps. Of course, feel free to reach out if you need additional help!