In this video, Ethan Beute from BombBomb shares 6 quick tips on how to look better and act more naturally on camera.
6 Tips To Look Better on Camera
1. Practice sending videos. Anything you want to be good at takes practice. You may be a little uncomfortable on video at first, but the more you practice, the more comfortable and effective you will become! Practice by sending videos to friends and family.
2. Set your camera at or above eye level. This will frame your face more favorably when the camera is looking down at you, rather than you looking down at the camera.
3. Look into the camera lens. This helps create that human connection when your viewer feels like you are looking them in the eye!
4. Talk to one person. Even if you're making a video for many people, talk as if you're communicating with just one person to build personal connection.
5. Don't use a script. Scripts slow you down and they can make you more awkward and robotic. Be conversational and talk just as you would if you were leaving a voicemail.
6. Know where the light is. Whether your light source is a window, a lamp or the sun, have the light source in front of you, rather than behind you.
Remember, sending videos isn't about looking perfect, but about building authentic, human relationships. Now get out there and start connecting!