Contacts that don't engage are added to a special Unengaged Contacts list. To protect your email open rate, which affects your email address reputation and the placement of your email in your recipient's inbox, these unengaged contacts do not receive emails that are sent from your account. From this Unengaged Contacts list, you have the ability to send these contacts a re-engagement email.
To be considered "unengaged":
- A contact must have been emailed at least three times in the last 180 days, and not opened an email.
- A contact must have been emailed at least once prior to that 180 day window.
As soon as a contact opens an email, or watches a video, they're immediately returned to an engaged state.
If you have unengaged contacts, you will see a banner at the top of your account with the total unengaged contacts and an option for you to take action.
It is easy to start an opt-in campaign to reach out to these contacts and explicitly ask if they want to continue receiving mail from you. Follow these steps to complete this process:
1) Log into your BombBomb account and click on the contacts tab.
2) Select your "Unengaged" list.
3) Click the gear icon, and select "Tools."
4) Select to run the opt-in campaign.
5) You then can view the results of how many have opted in.