With BombBomb's tracking, you are able to see when someone watches your video, likes it, or comments on it. These features allow you to know when and how to follow up.
But you might notice that the tracking will occasionally say, "Someone." You are probably asking yourself who "someone" is.
"Someone" simply means that the video was sent through a different email provider than BombBomb, such as Outlook or one of your CRMs. Or it might have been watched outside of an email where we can't determine the viewer, such as text messaging, Slack, Facebook, or other social media sites.
While BombBomb recognizes the play, like, or comment, we cannot always see who has taken the action, and thus will display "someone." There is a "Name" field for comments, but if this is left blank, the comment will be anonymous.
Here's a breakdown of how it works:
- If the video is sent in a mass email send from BombBomb, we know who the recipient is, as our system sends each email individually to the people in the list.
- If the video is sent to one person in an email tracked by BombBomb through Gmail or Outlook, we know who that one person is.
- If the video is sent to multiple people through Gmail or Outlook, those systems don't differentiate to us who each viewer is, so we won't know who has watched the video.
- If the video is shared anywhere else via copy and paste, such as text messages, LinkedIn, Facebook, Slack, etc., we won't know who watched it.
- If your video is watched by a previously identified viewer of one of your videos, we can identify the viewer if there is a cookie on their web browser from a previous view.
Can I turn off Re/Actions?
Yes! If you'd rather not enable people to comment on or like your videos, you can turn comments and likes off. (Note: Turning off comments and likes is currently only available to individuals, but will be coming to teams soon!)
Step 1: Hover over your name in the upper right corner of your BombBomb account and select "Video Page."
Step 2: Scroll down until you see "Re/Actions" in the left panel and toggle this off.