We know you want to be able to make connections through video even when you're away from your computer. With BombBomb’s mobile app for Android, you can record and send videos while you’re on the go so you can keep building relationships at any time.
In this video, we'll show you how easy it is to record, send, and share videos. Or keep reading below for step-by-step-instructions!
- Download the App
- Record a Video
- Share a Video
- Add an Email Template
- Use Your Video Library
- Track Your Videos
- Manage Your Settings and Notifications
- Camera Settings
- Video Settings
On an iPhone? Click here for our how-to iPhone app article.
To access the app, go to the Google Play store and type "BombBomb" in the search bar. Once you've found the app, click "Install."
Once you've downloaded the app, open it and log in with your BombBomb credentials. If you forget your password, you can use the "Forgot Password?" link.If you don’t have a BombBomb account yet and want to try it out, click here. Once logged in, you may be prompted to give the app permission to use and access your camera, microphone, and storage.
Your app home screen is an easy place to quickly record and send videos. When you're ready, just hit the "Record" button, and off you go. Just as on our web application, you'll get a countdown before your video starts recording.
Quick Tip: Videos look best in landscape orientation, so rotate your camera before you hit that record button!
Once recording, you can do a few things:
- Pause your video using the Pause icon on the bottom left.
- Flip your camera while recording, using the Camera icon on the bottom right. (Note: This is only available when recording in landscape/horizontal orientation.)
- Keep an eye on your video length using the timer on the top right.
And, of course, hit the square in the middle when you're done recording.
Once you stop recording, your video will start encoding and uploading. You'll know it's saved successfully when you see "Saved to Video Library" in green at the bottom of your screen.
From here, you have a few options:
- Re-record, by selecting "Re-Record at the top left. (This option is only available while your video uploads.)
- Change the video's title or thumbnail by selecting the grey "Edit" button to the right of the default video title.
- Watch your video by clicking on the video itself.
If you watch your video, you will have an option to select a thumbnail.
Quick Tip: If you select a thumbnail, this will replace the animated 3-second gif. This is a great option when sending videos through apps that only send links rather than gifs. Otherwise, we suggest sticking with the eye-catching animated gif!
Once you've recorded a video or selected a video from your video library, you can share it right from this screen.
Text: If you select "Text," it will take you to your phone's native text messaging app. Select the contact(s) you would like, and write a quick message to encourage them to watch your video. Depending on the system, it will either paste a link or an animated preview to your video.
Email: If you select "Email," you will be prompted to select your email provider. You can also select "Save as Default," if this is the email provider you would like to use in the future. Click "Next" once you've selected your email provider. This will copy the video link to your clipboard. When your email message opens, simply long press in the email and tap to paste the link to your video.
Share: If you select "Share" rather than "Text" or "Email," your phone will bring up a number of apps that you can share this video through. Select the app you want, and it will paste a link or animated preview to your video, depending on the app.
Your last two options on this screen are to delete your video, or email with a BombBomb template. If you select "Delete Video," it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete this video.
Email with BombBomb Template: With this option, you can send your animated preview with a pre-designed template. From the Quicksender screen, you can enter your recipients, subject line, and message. You can manually enter addresses, or hit the downward arrow to the right of the recipient field to see a list of your contacts. (Note: This feature isn't available to our basic subscriptions, BombBomb Video/BombBomb Essentials.)
Quick Tip: Don't separate addresses with a comma or semicolon. After entering email addresses, just hit "Enter" or "Return" on your keyboard.
You can preview your email by clicking "Preview" on the bottom right of your screen or you can go ahead and send by clicking "Send email."
If you want to add some visual interest to your email, click "Templates" in the bottom left of the Quicksender screen.
This will take you to your pre-loaded templates to choose from. Click on the circle in the upper right corner of the template you'd like to choose.
This will take you back to your Quicksender screen. Click "Preview" on the bottom right to check out your message. Click the "X" at the top right to close your preview, and once you're happy with your message, click "Send Email."
If you want to quickly send a pre-recorded video from your app, click on the "Video Library" icon in the bottom middle of your screen. Next, click on the video you'd like to send. From here, follow the instructions for Step 3 to share your video.
Quick Tip: You can also search for past videos in the Search field at the top of your screen or upload a video from your device by clicking the green icon on the top right of this screen.
To delete a video: In your video library, just hold your finger down on the video(s) you'd like to erase. Once the video you'd like to delete is selected, click "Delete" at the top left of the screen. A pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the video(s). If you change your mind, or to exit this screen, just click "Cancel" at the top right of the screen.
To track your videos, go to the "Tracking" icon on the bottom right of your screen. This will show the latest activity on your messages, including opens, plays, sends, and clicks. This way, you can easily see who has interacted with your messages so you can know when to follow up.
You can also see the the number of views on individual videos in your Video Library. Click on the "Video Library" icon in the bottom middle of your screen. Select a video, and you will be taken to the share screen. Above your video preview, you will see the number of times the video has been viewed, through email, text, social media, etc.
Click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen to manage your settings. There are a lot of things you can do from Settings. Let's start from the top!
- The Bell icon on the top right will allow you to check for any app updates.
- My Subscription will allow you to view your subscription information.
- Sign Out will allow you to do just that.
- Notifications will allow you to manage push notifications for email opens, video plays, and link clicks.
- Keyboard will allow you to enable the BombBomb Keyboard.
- Email will allow you to choose your default email server.
- Camera will allow you to modify your camera settings. (See below.)
- Video will allow you to modify your video settings. (See below.)
- Send Us Feedback will allow you to ask a question or send us some feedback on your experience.
To modify your camera settings, click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then click on the arrow next to "Camera."
- Save Videos to Device: We recommend keeping this checked, in case you experience a network interruption, you will have your video saved on your phone. But if you're low on storage, you can uncheck this.
- Engine: If you are on an older phone and your video doesn't look great or isn't working correctly, try switching your camera here.
- White Balance: You can change your white balance to compensate for your lighting situation. You can select for daylight, cloudy, twilight, or shade. Generally, keep this set to Auto unless you are in challenging lighting.
- Countdown Enabled/ Countdown Duration: If you don't want your video countdown turned on, or you want to change the length of the countdown, you can adjust that here.
To modify your video settings, click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then click on the arrow next to "Video."
- Resolution: You can adjust your video resolution here. If you would like your video to be more square, switch to 4:3.
- Size: You can adjust your video size here. We recommend keeping it on Default. But if you want a higher resolution video, you can change that here, although it will take longer to upload. Or, if you have a poor internet connection and need to upload a lower resolution video, you can change that here as well.
- Clear Video Queue: If there are pending videos that have not uploaded yet and you don't want them to upload, you can clear your video queue here.
Now you're all set to go! Coupling the power of video with the convenience of your phone will allow you to reach new heights in making personal connections and rehumanizing the planet.
If you're new to personalized video messages, we have lots of tools to help you get started. Here are six easy tips to help you look better and act naturally on camera!