We know you want to be able to make connections through video even when you’re away from your computer. With BombBomb’s iOS app, you can record and send videos while you’re on the go, so you can keep building relationships anytime.
In this video, we’ll show you how easy it is to record, send, and share videos from your iPhone or keep reading below for step-by-step instructions!
- Download the App
- Record a Video
- Share a Video
- Add an Email Template
- Use Your Video Library
- Upload or Delete a Video
- Video Insights
- Manage Your Settings and Notifications
On an Android? Click here for our how-to Android app article.
To access the app, go to the iOS App Store and type “BombBomb” in the search bar. Once you’ve found the app, click “Install.”
Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and log in with whatever you used to sign up for your BombBomb account(email and password, Google, etc.) If you forget your password, you can use the “Forgot Password?” link. Once logged in, you will be prompted to give the app permission to send you notifications as well as to access your camera, microphone, and storage.
* If you don’t have a BombBomb account yet and want to try it out, click here.
Your app home screen is an easy place to record and send videos quickly. When you’re ready, just hit the red record button in the middle of the video, and off you go. Similar to recording in our web application, you’ll get a 3-second countdown and flash to let you know that the recording has started.
* Quick Tip: Videos look best in landscape orientation, so rotate your camera before you hit that record button!
Once recording, you can do a few things:
- Pause your video using the Pause icon on the bottom left.
- Flip your camera while recording, using the Camera icon on the bottom right.
- Keep an eye on your video length using the timer on the bottom right.
And, of course, hit the square in the middle when you’re done recording.
Once you stop recording, your video will start encoding and uploading. You’ll know it’s saved successfully when you see “Uploaded to Video Library” in green at the bottom of your screen.
From here, you have a few options:
- Edit your video by selecting the "Edit" button in the top right. You can edit your video in the following ways:
- Edit the Thumbnail by clicking "Edit Thumbnail" and taking/choosing a new picture. *Quick Tip: If you select a thumbnail, this will replace the animated 3-second gif. This is a great option when sending videos through apps that only send links rather than gifs. Otherwise, we suggest sticking with the eye-catching animated gif!
- Add your video to a Folder by clicking "Add/Edit Folder" and choosing a folder to organize this video in.
- Change the video’s title or thumbnail by selecting the “Edit Video” button to the right of the default video title.
- Add a call-to-action banner, or CTA, by turning on the toggle next to "Add Call-To-Action Banner" and adding a "Banner Title" and "Banner Link."
- Edit the Thumbnail by clicking "Edit Thumbnail" and taking/choosing a new picture.
- Download and/or Delete the video by clicking "Download" or "Delete" at the bottom of the screen.
- Watch your video by clicking on the video itself.
Once you’ve recorded a video or selected a video from your video library, you can share it right from this screen.
Text: Selecting “Text” will take you to your phone’s native text messaging app. Select the contact(s) you want, and write a quick message. Depending on the system, it will either paste a link or an animated preview of your video.
Email: If you select “Email,” you will be prompted to select your email provider. You can also choose “Save as Default” if this is the email provider you would like to use in the future. Click “Next” once you’ve selected your email provider. This will copy the video link to your clipboard. When your email message opens, simply long press in the email and tap to paste the link to your video.
Share: If you select “Share” rather than “Text” or “Email,” your phone will bring up several apps that you can share this video through, such as LinkedIn or Facebook. Select the app you want, and it will paste a link or animated preview to your video, depending on the app.
Your last option on this screen is to email with a BombBomb template.
Email with BombBomb Template: With this option, you can send your animated preview with a pre-designed template. From the quick send screen, you can enter your recipients, subject line, and message. You can manually enter addresses or start typing the name of one of your contacts lists to send to a list of contacts. (Note: This feature isn’t available for BombBomb Essentials.)
Quick Tip: Don’t separate addresses with a comma or semicolon. After entering email addresses, hit “Enter” or “Return” on your keyboard.
You can preview your email by clicking “Preview” on the bottom right of your screen, or you can go ahead and send by clicking “Send email.”
If you want to add some visual interest to your email, click “Update" under the templates section in the middle of the screen.
This will take you to your pre-loaded templates to choose from. Click on the circle in the upper right corner of the template you’d like to choose.
This will take you back to your quick send screen. Click “Preview & Send” at the bottom to check out your message. Click the “X” at the top right to close your preview, and once you’re happy with your message, click “Send Email.”
If you want to send a pre-recorded video from your app quickly, click on the “workspace” icon in the bottom middle of your screen. Next, click on the video you’d like to send. From here, follow the instructions for Step 3 to share your video.
5. Upload or Delete a Video
You can search for past videos in the "Search Videos" field at the top of your screen or upload a video from your device by clicking the "Blue Arrow" icon on the top right of this screen.
To delete a video: In your workspace, just click on the video or videos you want to delete. Once the video(s) you’d like to delete is selected, click the “Trash Can” icon in the blue banner at the bottom of your screen. A pop-up will ask you to confirm if you want to delete the video(s). If you change your mind or wish to exit this screen, just click “Cancel” at the top right of the screen.
To track your videos, go to the “Insights” icon on the bottom right of your screen. This will show the latest activity on your messages, including opens, plays, sends, and clicks. This way, you can easily see who has interacted with your messages so you can know when to follow up.
You can also see the number of views on individual videos in your workspace. Click on the “workspace” icon in the bottom middle of your screen. Select a video, and you will be taken to the share screen. Below your video preview, you will see information about the longest watch your video has received, the percentage of video watched from your most recent play, and the total number of plays, likes, and comments.
If you’d like to see more tracking information on a specific video, click “See More” to expand the tracking data related to who has played the video and for how long.
Click on the "gear" icon on the bottom left of your screen to manage your settings. There are a lot of things you can do from settings. Let’s start from the top!
- Account will allow you to view your subscription information, including username, the email address connected to your account, and subscription level.
- Notifications will allow you to manage what types of notifications you receive.
- Keyboard App will allow you to enable the BombBomb Keyboard.
- Email Settings will allow you to choose your default email server.
- Advanced Settings will allow you to select whether videos will be saved to your device (in case you experience a network interruption while recording) and whether upload will begin while recording. You can also access your camera and video settings here, along with setting a default message that will accompany the videos you send.
You can also visit our Help Center, send us feedback or log out from this menu.
Now you’re all set to go! Coupling the power of video with the convenience of your phone will allow you to reach new heights in making personal connections and rehumanizing the planet.