Need help programming your recording, camera, and notification settings on the BombBomb app? No worries; we're here to help! These settings can make your experience faster, better, and more enjoyable. If you're having any issues recording in the app, changing your settings can also help fix the problem.
Open your app, and click on the Gear icon in the lower left corner.
There's a lot you can do from your Settings screen. Let's start from the top!
- The Bell icon on the top right will allow you to check for any app updates.
- You can find example videos by clicking "Learn More" at the top of the Settings screen.
- Account will allow you to view your subscription information, including username, the email address connected to your account, and subscription level.
- Notifications will allow you to manage what types of notifications you receive.
- Keyboard App will allow you to enable the BombBomb Keyboard.
- Do Not Disturb provides instructions for silencing calls and notifications during your recordings.
- Email Settings will allow you to choose your default email server.
- Save Videos to Device: We recommend keeping this on; in case you experience a network interruption, you will have your video saved on your phone. But if you're low on storage, you can uncheck this.
- Offline Mode: Turn this on when you are out of service range. This will save videos to your device so you can upload them into the app when you have better service.
You can also access your Camera and Video Settings from Advanced Settings.
- Engine: If you are on an older phone and your video doesn't look great or isn't working correctly, try switching your camera here.
- White Balance: You can change your white balance to compensate for your lighting situation. You can select for daylight, cloudy, twilight, or shade. Generally, keep this set to Auto unless you are in challenging lighting.
- Countdown Enabled/Countdown Duration: If you don't want your video countdown turned on, or you want to change the length of the countdown, you can adjust that here.
- Enable Tips: This setting will turn off the camera tooltips that appear before recording.
- Resolution: You can adjust your video resolution here. If you would like your video to be more square, switch to 4:3.
- Size: You can adjust your video size here. We recommend keeping it on Default. But if you want a higher resolution video, you can change that here, although it will take longer to upload. Or, if you have a poor internet connection and need to upload a lower resolution video, you can change that here as well.
- Clear Video Queue: If there are pending videos that have not uploaded yet and you don't want them to upload, you can clear your video queue here.
Default Text Message
From Advanced Settings, you can also set a default message that will accompany any video you text or send through the BombBomb Keyboard.
You can also log out from your Settings screen or send us feedback.
For a complete walkthrough of the BombBomb Android app, click here!