Need help programming your recording, camera, and notification settings on the BombBomb app? No worries; we're here to help! These settings can make your experience faster, better, and more enjoyable. If you're having any issues recording in the app, changing your settings can also help fix the problem.
Here's a step by step:
Open your app, and click on the Gear icon in the lower left corner.
There's a lot of things you can do from your Settings screen. Let's start from the top!
- The Bell icon in the top right will allow you to check for any app updates.
- My Subscription will allow you to view your subscription information.
- Sign Out will allow you to do just that.
To change your notifications settings, click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then click on the arrow next to "Notifications." Here, you can toggle notifications on or off and check whichever notifications you'd like to receive, including email opens, video plays, and link clicks.
Quick Tip: You can also modify how you are notified by going into your phone's Settings and selecting "Apps." Find BombBomb and select the app settings you prefer.
The “Keyboard” dropdown allows you to enable our keyboard extension so you can access your videos via your phone's keyboard in any mobile app. Learn more about the BombBomb Keyboard.
This will change your default email server when sending a video through the "Email" share option. By selecting a default email server, you won't have to select it each time you email a video from your app.
To modify your camera settings, click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then click on the arrow next to "Camera."
- Save Videos to Device: We recommend keeping this checked, in case you experience a network interruption, you will have your video saved on your phone. But if you're low on storage, you can uncheck this.
- Engine: If you are on an older phone and your video doesn't look great or isn't working correctly, try switching your camera here.
- White Balance: You can change your white balance to compensate for your lighting situation. You can select for daylight, cloudy, twilight, or shade. Generally, keep this set to Auto unless you are in challenging lighting.
- Countdown Enabled/ Countdown Duration: If you don't want your video countdown turned on, or you want to change the length of the countdown, you can adjust that here.
To modify your video settings, click on the Gear icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then click on the arrow next to "Video."
- Resolution: You can adjust your video resolution here. If you would like your video to be more square, switch to 4:3.
- Size: You can adjust your video size here. We recommend keeping it on Default. But if you want a higher resolution video, you can change that here, although it will take longer to upload. Or, if you have a poor internet connection and need to upload a lower resolution video, you can change that here as well.
- Clear Video Queue: If there are pending videos that have not uploaded yet and you don't want them to upload, you can clear your video queue here.
For a complete walkthrough of the BombBomb Android app, click here!