Whose responsibility is it to obtain consent from viewers of your video emails?
Can I obtain or remove information BombBomb has collected about me?
Yes. At BombBomb, we care about your privacy and your personal data. We strive to maintain a high standard of security to protect it. BombBomb is not a data controller, but we are a data processor — this means that although we do not control data, we do process data (such as name, email address, etc.) on behalf of a data controller (that's you!). We are taking the necessary measures to ensure we are GDPR & CCPA compliant and are moving forward with the understanding that you have every right to access, edit, or remove your data from our systems, if you choose.
To exercise your right to have your data removed from our system, please send a request via email to the BombBomb Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete that data within 30 days.
Does BombBomb have a Privacy team?
Yes. If you have any privacy related questions you can send those to us at email@example.com.
What data does BombBomb collect about viewers of its video software?
BombBomb is a video email solution that allows you to connect with people in a more human way. Our solution provides customers with actionable data, such as who has opened your emails, played your video, clicked a link, etc. All personally identifiable information that BombBomb collects about viewers is used strictly for helping our customers track and understand who specifically is engaging with their videos.
Information you provide
Account information: In order to use our services, you need to provide your personal account information. This includes contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, and fax number; billing information, such as your credit or debit card information; and information about your organization.
Subscriber information: In order to use our services, you also need to provide the information of subscribers who are on your lists. This includes the names and e-mail addresses of the individuals whom you contact.
Social media accounts and photographs: If you wish, you may upload a photograph of yourself to your account and provide your social media account handles.
Purchase of services: Services purchased from BombBomb via credit card are processed through Chargify. The card number is passed securely to Chargify and a token is received in return. At no time is your credit card number stored by BombBomb.
Contacting us or interacting with the blog or support site: If you provide contact information to us to learn more about our Services, send us a message with information about yourself, or interact with the blog or support site by posting a comment or sharing a post, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include questions, comments, posts, suggestions, or responses to any surveys you complete. This information, without the information that identifies you, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we may use them and share them with third parties. Also, please note that comments made to public areas will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
Applying for a job: If you apply for a job on our website, you provide us with contact information as well as your resume.
Information provided by third parties
Information from other users: If you subscribe to emails from a BombBomb User, that User may provide us with your contact information.
Information we collect automatically
In order to improve our services, we or our third-party providers automatically collect the following information through your use of the Website and Services:
Usage information: This includes which of the pages on the Website you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Website. We also collect information about your use of the Services, such as frequency of use.
Location information: We collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
Device information: We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses. When you access our Website via a browser on your mobile device, we collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Social media widgets: Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and other widgets, such as the “Share” button or interactive mini-programs provided by third parties. These third parties collect information about you when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services.
How BombBomb uses personal information and the legal basis for this
BombBomb uses the information we collect about you to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to provide technical support, and to improve our Services and customer relations. We do not share your information with third parties for purposes other than those outlined below.
We process your information for the following purposes as necessary to provide the Services to you and perform our contract with you:
- Provide services: We use your Personal Information to provide you with the Services.
- Communicate and provide technical support: We use Personal Information to communicate with you about the Website or Services, to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account, to inform you of any changes to our Website or Services, or to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information to provide technical support or answer questions about our Website.
- Process your job application: We use Personal Information to evaluate candidates who have applied for a position with us.
We process your information for the following purposes as part of our legitimate interest in the improvement and marketing of our Services as well as in the security of our services. We apply appropriate safeguards to protect your information as described here:
- Communicate about new features: With permission you give when accepting our Terms of Service, BombBomb uses the personal information it collects to send Users notifications about new features or information available through the Website or that BombBomb feels might be of interest to Users. You can opt-out and/or manage your preferences by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any email you receive from us. You may also contact us as set out in the “Have an Inquiry or Complaint?” section.
- Maintenance and improvement: BombBomb uses personal information to identify the interests and needs of Users in order to provide our Users with more personalized, relevant, and intelligent Services. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Website and to improve the User experience.
- Benchmarking: We aggregate personal information for the purpose of research and benchmarking. For example, to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
Please sign in to leave a comment.