You know that sending video messages helps you make more meaningful connections. But does logging into BombBomb's site sometimes feel like it's slowing you down? BombBomb's Edge Extension will allow you to seamlessly record and send videos anywhere you are on the web.
To learn how to install and use the Edge Extension, keep reading below!
Install the Edge Extension
Step 1: Click this link to go to Microsoft Edge's BombBomb Add-on. Next, click "Get" to download the extension.
Step 2: A pop-up will appear, asking permission to add the extension. Click "Add Extension."
Record a video
Step 1: Click on the Bomb icon on the right side of your Edge URL bar. This will open on the "Record" tab. You have two choices from here:
- Camera Only: Use this to record a video of yourself.
- Screen Recorder: Use this to record your screen & cam.
Select which you'd like and click "Launch Recorder."
Step 2: The first time you open your recorder, you'll be asked to give permission to access your camera and microphone. Click "Allow." From the next screen, you have a few options:
- Switch to the Screen Recorder by clicking the icon on the bottom left.
- Switch your camera, microphone, or video size by clicking the Gear icon on the bottom right.
- Start recording by clicking the red circle in the center.
- Use a Virtual Background if you're a Plus or Teams subscriber.
Step 3: Once you've recorded your video, you can watch it by clicking the play icon or re-record it if you know you made an error. You can embed a call-to-action, or CTA, if you want them to be able to click on a link. Or you can choose a thumbnail. (Note: Choosing a thumbnail will override your animated gif!) Once you're happy with your video, click "Save."
Share your video
Now that you've clicked "Save," you can quickly share your video.
- The "Copy For Email" button will copy the HTML that you can paste into any email or email CRM, such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Salesforce, etc.
- The "Copy Link" button will copy the link to text or share on social media, such as LinkedIn, Facebook Messenger, or Slack.
- The "Email with BombBomb Template" button will open a Quick Send email from your BombBomb account, where you can send through BombBomb and change your template if desired.
You can also share videos from your workspace.
Step 1: Click on the "Videos" tab. From here, you can sort your videos using the "All Labels" dropdown. You can search using the Search field, or you can even upload a video by clicking on the green "Up" arrow.
Step 2: Once you've found the video you'd like to send, click on the three dots to the right of the video. You have a few options here:
- Preview will allow you to quickly watch the video.
- Copy link will copy the link to paste wherever you need it, such as text, LinkedIn, Facebook Messenger, or Slack.
- Copy for Email will allow you to copy the code to paste into an email, website, or anywhere else you'd like your video to appear.
- Send with Template will open a quick send email so that you can send the email through BombBomb using a template.
- Delete will allow you to delete a video you don't need.
Track your messages
If you want to quickly check your video insights to see if someone has interacted with your message, right from your URL bar, click on the "Tracking" tab. You can search by message and view who has opened your emails, clicked your links, viewed your videos, or commented on or liked a video. You can also see the percentage of your video viewed and the longest watch of your videos. To filter for any of these elements, use the filter on the right.
That's it! We hope this easy tool will make you as efficient as ever in making meaningful connections through video messages with the people in your life!