Before you are able to use Okta to access BombBomb through Single Sign On (SSO), there are a few steps for your business’ Okta admin to take. Keep reading to learn more.
- Supported features
- Step-by-step configuration guide
- Logging into BombBomb using IdP-initiated SSO
- Logging into BombBomb using SP-initiated SSO
- Determining your Okta Subdomain and Okta Domain
Before configuring Single Sign On with Okta, you need a BombBomb account. To sign up for a Team account with BombBomb, visit BombBomb’s pricing page.
The Okta/BombBomb OIDC integration currently supports the following features:
- Service Provider (SP)-Initiated Authentication (SSO) Flow
- Identity Provider (IdP)-Initiated SSO
Step-by-step configuration guide
1. Sign in to Okta and go to the Applications tab. Click "Add Application" in the top left.
2. Search for BombBomb and select the application.
3. Select "Add."
4. In General Settings, make sure to add the OKTA DOMAIN. This is required to use provisioning in Okta. (See below for help on identifying your OKTA DOMAIN.) Click "Next."
5. Once you reach the Sign-On Options tab, select "OpenId Connect" for the Sign on method. Next, add your organization's subdomain in the Okta SubDomain text field. This is required to use OpenID Connect. (See below for help on identifying your Okta SubDomain.) Finally click "Done."
6. The last step is to provide your BombBomb rep with the Subdomain, Client ID and Client Secret from Okta. These will appear on the Sign On tab in the OpenId Connect section.
After you provide us with this information, we will do everything that needs to be done for the connection to be complete! Your BombBomb rep will get back to you as soon as it’s all set up for you. Thank you!
Logging into BombBomb using IdP-initiated SSO
Log in to Okta and select the BombBomb app.
Logging into BombBomb using SP-initiated SSO
1. Go go https://login.bombbomb.com and select the Okta integration on the bottom right.
2. Enter your organization’s Okta subdomain.
Determining your Okta Subdomain and Okta Domain
You can retrieve your Okta Subdomain and Okta Domain by looking at the url in your web browser when you’re logged into your Okta dashboard or Okta Admin dashboard.
From the Okta App Dashboard, your Subdomain will be the values before the first period. Your Domain will be the values after the first period and before ".com."
From the Okta Admin dashboard, your Subdomain will be the values before "-admin." Your Domain will be the values after "-admin." and before ".com."
Both examples above would result in the following values:
- Okta SubDomain: dev-7172737
- Okta Domain: okta
The Okta Domain could be any of the following values: