At BombBomb, we are on a mission to rehumanize the world. Instead of relying on faceless, typed-out text, BombBomb helps people communicate more effectively by sending personal videos.
And because we believe so deeply in this mission, we want to come alongside nonprofit organizations doing the work of rehumanizing the dehumanized by offering free BombBomb Essentials accounts.
What are the requirements to get a free account?
To be eligible for a free BombBomb Essentials account, you must work for a nonprofit organization focused on rehumanizing the world. Each nonprofit is eligible for 3 free BombBomb Essentials accounts. Examples of nonprofits rehumanizing the world include:
- Food, healthcare, or education access
- Child, social, and homelessness services
- Disaster relief and human rights protection
- Access to water, hygiene, and sanitation
- Ministry organizations
Is it really free or is there a time limit?
Yes, it’s really free, and, no, there’s no time limit. The face value of a BombBomb Essentials account is $39/month or $396/year. It’s our gift to you because our mission is to help rehumanize the world, and we want to help you better accomplish your goals.
I work at a nonprofit, but it’s not focused on human services. Do I qualify for a free account?
Unfortunately, no. While we honor and value the work of other types of nonprofits, our free accounts are focused on organizations that are ‘rehumanizing’ the planet, as that is our mission as a company as well.
What do I get with a BombBomb Essentials account?
With a BombBomb Essentials account, you receive the following features:
- Live video recording and screen recording
- Our Google Chrome extension, including video recording in Gmail
- Our mobile apps and web application
- The ability to easily share videos anywhere
- Unlimited video storage, video library access and tracking.
Not included with BombBomb Essentials are: mass email sending, our drag-and-drop email composer, email templates library, and phone support.
Do I have to have special equipment?
Nope. As long as your computer or phone have a camera built in and you have a solid internet connection, you’re good to go. At BombBomb, we enable you to send authentic, relatable videos of YOU, not polished marketing videos requiring special equipment.
What are some ways I would use this?
Do you want your emails to stand out in a potential donor’s inbox? Or do you want face time with a volunteer but your schedules don’t allow it? Sending a personal video is the next best thing to being in person. What about sending meaningful, authentic thank-you videos to your supporters? A video from you to another individual is so much more effective than plain, typed out text. We know—we’ve tested it! A few ideas for using video to help you reach your goals:
- Connect with your volunteers with a video to make them feel appreciated and seen.
- Make an end-of-year giving appeal from one person to another, with video.
- Make your donors feel appreciated and part of the family by sending them a personal video.
- Keep your team connected by sending announcements, updates, and gratitude via video message.
Here are a few of our favorite examples from nonprofits already using BombBomb!
Donor thank you:
Volunteer survey ask:
Here's how Stu Davis, Ecexutive Director of the nonprofit COSILoveYou uses BombBomb:
How do I apply?
OK, I’m in! How do I get started using video messages?
Once you've registered, you will receive a series of emails from us that will give you tips to get started. In the meantime, here are a few simple how-to articles to get on your way.
- Learn how to record and share a video.
- Download our mobile app to record and send videos wherever you are. Learn how to use our iOs app or Android app.
- Use our Chrome extension to quickly and easily record and send video right from your Chrome browser and Gmail! Check it out here.
What are the minimum requirements to use BombBomb?
- Google Chrome - Current and prior major release versions (get the latest update here)
- Mozilla Firefox - Current and prior major release versions (get the latest update here)
- Safari - Version 13.0
- Microsoft Edge - 80.0.361.62
- Mobile: iOS - Version 11 and up
- Mobile: Android - Version 7.0 and up
Where can I find BombBomb’s security information?
View our security page here to read about our security practices, certifications, and reporting of fraudulent activity.
I work at a nonprofit and I already pay for an account. Do I qualify for a free account?
Yes! If you are currently paying for a BombBomb Essentials account, you can contact us at email@example.com for a free account for yourself and 2 other people at your organization. Your account will be free moving forward. If you renewed your annual subscription within the past 60 days, you will be refunded.
On the other hand, you could pay it forward and send this free opportunity to 3 other colleagues at your nonprofit!
Note: We are not offering free BombBomb Plus accounts. BombBomb Plus includes:
- Email templates and email mass sending
- Team management tools
- Advanced integrations
- Phone support